Our Data Protection Policy is simple…
All the data we handle is data that you as visitors to the website, potential customers and existing customers give to us.
If we do not need your data, we do not collect it. If we do not need to keep it, we will not.
For more information please read on…
The Data We collect
The only data we will collect is what we need to complete the jobs you require of us. On our website is a contact form where we ask for information that we will need to respond to your enquiry. When anyone contacts us for a quote, we will ask your name and address to be able to come and make an accurate quote and be able to complete the job if necessary.
How we obtain the data and why?
Our website only collects data that you fill in via the contact form. Only the data you input into this form is data we collect; this is for us to respond to your enquiry. Any other data we obtain will be when you as a potential customer or existing customer contact us about a job or a quote. This data will include your name and address in order for us to accurately quote the job as well as be able to fulfil the service to you (I.e. we need the address to be able to find you and complete the job).
What we do with your data
We only use your data to fulfil services or enquiries you have contacted us about. We then store the data securely for us to be able to use it again to complete any jobs. We keep this data on our “Invoices” on our secure accounting software for us to keep accurate accounting records, this is a legal requirement.
For certain jobs we will ask the customer to pay for the materials directly with the supplier. If this is the case, we will ask your permission for us to forward your name on to the supplier to expect your order / call. No data other than name and maybe address will be given, you will be always in complete control of any payment information that may be required by the supplier. These suppliers will then have their own data protection policies for dealing with this information.
How we store your data
Your data is kept by us in several formats, for efficiency as well as backup purposes. Any e-mails sent to us are held securely on our e-mail provider servers and are kept locked and protected on our devices (laptops, PC’s, phones). If someone contacts us via phone, we may ask for an e-mail to be sent or we may record any information we need to fulfil a job or service in a diary / logbook in order for things to be recorded accurately. This diary / logbook is kept secure and locked away when not in use. Finally, any data held on our accounting software is held securely by them on their servers as well as password protected on all devices.
Your Data Rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
• Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
• Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
• Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances, providing we do not need it for our business needs and other legal reasons.
• Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
• Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
• Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
Andy Currall, owner Cedarwood Landscapes